Monday, September 17, 2012

Great 20miler and great time in Portland

Back in DC, and slightly grumpy. Not at the city or my job particularly, but more my girlfriend, mother, and friends are all back in Portland. I hope to make my life there soon, and am almost positive I will be getting out of the Coast Guard next year. To do what, I'm not sure. Possibly to persue a MBA or other graduate degree, or maybe find a career I would enjoy.

Saturday morning in Portland was beautiful, and the 20 miler felt amazing. Nothing too crazy, but 20 miles in 2:35 has given me a lot of confidence with the marathon three weeks away. Also, it has been three weeks since my last beer and it is not as hard as it used to be. Maybe after the marathon I'll indulge in a beer or two, or maybe just keep living like this. I feels good to remain sober, and I've already noticed how much money I've saved. 

Another week of building miles, I think I'll just tempo with CAR Thursday night.  Can't wait for the marathon to come.

Happy Running,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment